Communities of Practice
E-Democracy hosts online communities of practice and working groups which further online community engagement, democracy online, digital inclusion, and civic technology.
Most of our communities of practice connect locally oriented people on a very global basis.
See our full list of Forums for a directory of all public forums we host.
Highlighted Communities of Practice
- Digital Inclusion Network - International digital divide exchange
- Democracies Online Newswire - A news source, with related sub-groups:
- CityCamp Exchange - Local open government, civic technology, unconferences
- E-Democracy Projects - For volunteers, contractors, and staff
- Locals Online - For "hosts" of local online social networks and communities
- Block Connectors - For block leaders, community connectors, crime prevention volunteers, etc. active at the block or building level
- LocalLabs - For geek-to-geek exchange on all things local
- Crime Prevention and Social Media - Proposed e-conference
- Community Builders - Proposed community problem-solving advice exchange
- Open Twin Cities Online Group
- ComGar - Community Gardening - Led by Gardening Matters
- Minnesota Voices - Using social media in rural Minnesota