Rules of Participation Summary
- Real Names — Sign posts including your real name and city.
- Limits on Posting — Two per member per day in most forum charters.
- Keep Topics within Forum Purpose — Local issues on a local forum for example.
- Be Civil — No name-calling. Respect among citizens with differing views is our cornerstone.
- No Attacks or Threats — This keeps the forums safe. If content is illegal it will be forwarded to the proper legal authorities.
- Private Stays Private — Don't forward private replies without permission.
- Avoid False Rumors — Asking for clarification of what you've heard in the community can be appropriate if issues-based. You alone are responsible for what you post.
- Right to Post and Reply — Sharing your knowledge and opinions with your fellow citizens is a democratic right.
- Items Not Allowed in Forums — No chain letters, etc.
- Public Content and Use — You are sharing your content forever, but retain your copyright.
- Warnings — You may receive informal or official warnings from the Forum Manager.
- Suspension — With your second official warning in one year, you are suspended for two weeks. It goes up from there.
- Appeals Process — You can appeal a warning(s) once you receive a third warning and six month removal. Rare appeals are not received most years.
The detailed rules are also avaliable.