Every fall season I get these little black fly-like bugs hanging out in my
window screens and I'd love some help identifying them and ridding my home of
Here are the details:
• They are only a problem during the fall season.
• They are primarily located in and around my exterior window screens and
window sills on the east side of my home. Fewer hang out on the north side of
my home and practically none on the south and west side.
• They are about 2 mm long and 1 mm wide.
• Birds will occasionally land on my screens and try to eat them.
• This year seems particularly intense.
• One of my neighbors has them too so they are not exclusive to my home.
• See photo attached.
In the past, I’ve just regularly vacuumed them up but I’d love to find out what
they are and how to get rid of them. They are gross and they prevent me from
opening windows on warm fall days because they fit right thought the screen and
then blow into the house.
Thanks in advance for your help, thoughts, and advice!