Christchurch Neighbours Forums - Neighbours.cc
Join the Neighbours Forum nearest your area for post-quake community recovery discussions and exchange.
Invite everyone to join you: http://neighbours.cc
Or follow and share via Facebook
These Neighbours Forums connect you online to real-world local community. Let's raise our voice in rebuilding Christchurch, New Zealand one community at a time.
These public online forums use real names to build neighbourly trust and promote useful, civil exchange.
Participate via e-mail or the web. Your choice.
Volunteer Leaders Matter: As these forums were started by two Christchurch volunteers after the second major quake as an urgent experiment, all of the local forums except for Papanui and the original regional forum need a forum host from each area to succeed. This vital Forum Manager role works across many communities and volunteer support is available. Read up on the exciting social benefits of neighbor connecting online. Contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select Nearest Forum
Join the volunteer-led forum most relevant to you. Forums include nearby areas.
Visit a forum, then click "Join the Forum" to register:
- Canterbury Issues Forum- Regional policy forum on E-Democracy.or, since 2007
- Banks Peninsula
- Christchurch Central
- Lyttelton and Bays
- New Brighton
- Redcliffs and Mt. Pleasant
- Opawa and St. Martins
- Shirley and Richmond
- St. Albans
- Wainoni and Avondale
Based on demand we will open more forums and consolidate others. Volunteer to help here.
- Donate - Support in-person outreach in hardest hit areas
- Trouble joining? We will add you manually, e-mail your full name and desired forum to: email@example.com
- Questions? - Answers on our FAQ
- Map - Read the forums on a map - via Placerama. Join the forum that is closest to where you live or your business. Here is our rough map before we added 5 more forums.
- Christchurch local online communities - Other local "placeblogs," e-lists, forums, Facebook pages and two-way discussions
- Project details and contacts
- Volunteer - via our online working group
Partners and Supporters
To be listed, simply e-mail us the page where you link to http://neighbours.cc